02 MazdaTribute Vacuum Hose

Asked by Feb 01, 2017 at 10:50 AM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I am having issues with my 2002
Mazda Tribute. I have come to find
that I have a leak in a vacuum hose
that is located on the back of my
motor and it has a foil like substance
wrapped around it on one end. It kinda
also looks like one end  that's closer to
the passenger side is bigger than the
other end  located towards the driver
side with the foil and around it. When
my vehicle is cranked I can stick my
hand back where the hose is at and put
my finger over the hole and it sucks my
finger in. I have went to AutoZone and
Advance Auto Parts nobody can tell
me the proper name of this hose so I
can get it replaced. AutoZone sold me
aReplacements tube sold by the Foot.
But like I said the hose looks like to me
that it has two different sizes on each
end. One in goes onto a brass looking
like hose and the other end is close
together with a clamp. Is there anyone
out there that knows won the proper
name of this vacuum hose so I can go
to the auto parts store and buy the
exact one I don't want to replace it with
the hose they gave me it just does not
look correct. Any advice is appreciated
thank you.

1 Answer


Post a photo, that would be nice !

Your Answer:

Maintenance & Repair Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.