Split in rubber hose

Asked by Beetleowner01 Jan 19, 2020 at 05:21 PM about the 2002 Volkswagen Beetle

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

Can anyone tell me what this hose is for please? You can see in picture the
split in rubber.
Been having problems with car and used obd2 with code p0101 showing,
have replaced maf sensor but still getting check engine light and another
light on dash so decided to check pipes/hoses and noticed this. I just don't
know what this is for and would like to research it, once someone can tell
me what it's for, and maybe fix myself.

1 Answer


Replace it with generic hose from the auto parts store. You might even be able to cut off the split part if there is enough slack in the hose.

Your Answer:

Volkswagen Beetle Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Chris Billings
  • #3
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Related Models For Sale

Used MINI Cooper
44 Great Deals out of 1,083 listings starting at $2,800
Used Audi A3
39 Great Deals out of 501 listings starting at $1,800

Used Cars for Sale

2019 Volkswagen Beetle For Sale
88 listings starting at $23,990
2018 Volkswagen Beetle For Sale
4 Great Deals out of 76 listings starting at $17,900
2017 Volkswagen Beetle For Sale
32 listings starting at $12,495
2016 Volkswagen Beetle For Sale
70 listings starting at $9,488
2015 Volkswagen Beetle For Sale
34 listings starting at $9,477

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.