Motor swap

Asked by Nov 02, 2019 at 07:04 PM about the 1987 Chevrolet Caprice

Question type: Car Customization

What all do i need to change if I
want to replace the 350 carbrated
motor in my 87 caprice and put a
6.0 fuel injected in. I have wiring
harness but what else will I ha e ti

1 Answer


The list is long for any LS Swap. For starters, to get the engine mounted you need SBC LS adapter plates. To utilize the old style transmission you will need a flexplate that fits both the bolt pattern on the 6.0 crankshaft and has the correct bolt pattern + offset for the torque converter. There are far too many factors as to what all is needed though. It will be at minimum 1500 dollars in parts alone to do properly. Thats assuming you already have a complete engine, harness and pcm.

Your Answer:


CarGurus Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
    G A Arne
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Related Models For Sale

Used Chevrolet Camaro
37 Great Deals out of 934 listings starting at $9,950
Used Dodge Charger
48 Great Deals out of 869 listings starting at $4,900
Used Chevrolet Monte Carlo
10 listings starting at $8,995
Used Chevrolet Corvette
15 Great Deals out of 561 listings starting at $12,782
Used Buick Regal
11 Great Deals out of 123 listings starting at $3,450
Used Ford Mustang
41 Great Deals out of 1,780 listings starting at $5,750

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.