Identification of a Hard top for a Mercedes convertible.

Asked by famerbill Aug 04, 2015 at 11:13 AM

Question type: General

I recently bought a farm property and found what looks to be a hard top to a Mercedes
Convertible in the barn.  I can't seem to find any identifying marks on it.  Where should I
look for them and how can I figure out what car it it belongs to?  I want to find a new
home for it rather than scrap it.

6 Answers


Looks to be a 1970s SL mercedes hard top. It should fit several years of sl's.

2 people found this helpful.

This is a 1973 sl with a hard top shown in the picture.

1 people found this helpful.

The roof should fit all SL roadsters 1972 to 1989.

Best Answer Mark helpful

would check ebays completed listings to see what others have sold for or the sl forum and ask what they think its worth. If I had to guess maybe a few hundred bucks because it looks pretty rough and needs to be restored.

How did u figure our whicy model the hood went to. I bought a storage unit at auction and there wass a Mercedes hardtop in it. I have tried to figure out which model it goes with so I can price and sell, but I am having a really hard time .

Your Answer:


Looking for a Used Mercedes-Benz in your area?

CarGurus has 8,010 nationwide Mercedes-Benz listings starting at $2,995.

Postal Code:

Mercedes-Benz Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Lorne Grandison
  • #3
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.