what has to be done to a 350 vortec from a 2wd out of a 97 truck to put it in a 4wd 98 gmc sierra

Asked by Mar 23, 2017 at 05:01 PM

Question type: General

2 Answers


Might be a slight change in the oil pan and pickup tube and the accessory drive plate might be different but it should bolt right up. Double check the sensor plugs, there might be a connector change, if so just swap them out.


Just a matter of swapping any parts if necessary, '97 to '98 really shouldn't be much.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 50,300
Reputation 40,190
#3 F_O_R
Reputation 17,160
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.