Living in US legally but my car I brought over from Canada will not meet EPA requirements. And I cant get and answers what ti do

Asked by GuruLJ9CP May 04, 2019 at 09:57 AM

Question type: General

I drove my car Hyundai Elentra to the United States
from Canada to live here and my car I bought in
Quebec will not meet us standards will they seize it
at the border when I go back or what can I do to
have it meet standards and registered here it is all
because it does not have the tire alert thing that
tells when your tire pressure is low

3 Answers

If i want to park my Nissan pathfinder 2000 for 2 months without been used by anyone what most i do


TPMS system is one of the worst things ever. Check with the DMV and see if an after market TPMS system will meet with the law in that state.


Contact your states DMV to see if they will allow you to keep the car and if so what you need to do.

Your Answer:


General Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
    G A Arne
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.