Replacing a fuel tank

Asked by GuruVT86L Apr 11, 2020 at 10:00 AM about the Mercury Sable

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I'm replacing the fuel tank. When I removed the fuel pump I looked inside the
old tank and noticed a black plastic cylinder piece that was attached to the
inside of the tank. The new tank I ordered does not have it and the junkers
already hauled the old one away. What is it and does the car need it ?

1 Answer


The white plastic piece is called a fuel module. You must have that to remount the pump. At this point you have no choice but to order a new complete fuel pump module.

Your Answer:


Mercury Sable Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Guy Outland
  • #3
    Paul Tuck
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Taurus
18 Great Deals out of 321 listings starting at $4,900
Used Nissan Altima
43 Great Deals out of 1,210 listings starting at $604
Used Jeep Grand Cherokee
89 Great Deals out of 3,936 listings starting at $2,499
Used Ford Five Hundred
7 listings starting at $1,995
Used Chevrolet Impala
17 Great Deals out of 628 listings starting at $2,295
Used Buick LeSabre
8 listings
Used Saturn VUE
24 listings starting at $5,900

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.