under cab gas tank

Asked by May 04, 2017 at 11:29 AM about the International Harvester Pick-Up

Question type: Shopping & Pricing

Bought a 1970 1 ton 4wd flatbed it has the hole in the cab for a gas tank on the
passenger  side under  the cab anyone have a used one  with filler tub for sale?
I'm in Portland Or so shipping makes price a concern unless your in the

2 Answers


Check salvage yards and Craig's List. If you can afford it I would buy a new one as a 47 year old tank may be rusty.


IF the tank has NO holes in it yet; have it cleaned at a good radiator shop and sealant washed around inside the tank like I did in Medford,OR-USA and added drains at the rear corner of each of 2 tanks. Medford Radiator did the fine work. I found a replacement pipe and hose online for both tanks-(both hoses).

Your Answer:

International Harvester Pick-Up Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #2
    Anthony DeRose
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-450 Super Duty
59 listings starting at $12,999
Used Ford F-150
128 Great Deals out of 10,966 listings starting at $3,600
Used Acura MDX
23 Great Deals out of 512 listings starting at $4,900
Used Ford F-250 Super Duty
17 Great Deals out of 721 listings starting at $1,500
Used Dodge Ram 2500
77 listings starting at $7,500
Used GMC Sierra 2500HD
10 Great Deals out of 1,562 listings starting at $4,995
Used Mercedes-Benz S-Class
22 Great Deals out of 169 listings starting at $4,990

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.