I had an overheating battery terminals. I replaced a worn out ignitiong swicth, alternator, battery cables terminals and cleaned all wiring connection I could find but when started engine a burning smell came from the starter. I just fired out. WHY?

Asked by Feb 21, 2017 at 08:33 PM about the 1993 Ford E-150

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

1 Answer

150,225

You probably need to replace the starter. I suspect an internal fault is causing it to draw way too much power.

Your Answer:

Ford E-150 Experts

  • #1
    Tracy Hooks
    Reputation
    610
  • #2
    kbro
    Reputation
    470
  • #3
    tennisshoes
    Reputation
    460
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-150
168 Great Deals out of 10,883 listings starting at $1,900
Used GMC Sierra 1500
94 Great Deals out of 9,226 listings starting at $3,999
Used Dodge Ram 1500
15 Great Deals out of 453 listings starting at $3,900
Used Ford E-350
1 listings starting at $4,198
Used Ford F-250
8 listings
Used Ford Transit Cargo
14 Great Deals out of 709 listings starting at $12,895

Used Cars for Sale

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.