replaced 2 o2 sensors. The car started, butwhen I hit he brake the car died. Can not get it stsarted. Took the battery to auto zone and had it tested. Its good. Any suggestions?
went to auto zone, service engine light was on. They told me it was 2-o2
sensors. Replaced them, engine light was still on. Disconnected the battery,
waited 15 minutes, then reattached cables, car started. Stepped on the
brakes and it died. Could not start. took the battery to auto zone, it is good.
Try to figure one of two things first 1. Do you have spark 2. Do you have fuel pressure....Find the system giving you trouble first.
Never replace parts based on what someone from a parts store recommends. Getting the trouble codes and doing some diagnostic work is the best way to make accurate repairs. It is possible to get an oxygen sensor code and having an issue with the wiring or other part.
Search Ford Explorer Questions
Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.
Ford Explorer Experts