Parking lights and running lights not working
I am trying to help my father-in-law with his 66 Mustang. I've spent the
better part of a couple of hours trying to figure which lights work and under
what conditions, and I am at a loss. I did swap out the light switch. That
made no change to the problem.
He asked me if I could figure out why the left tail light was out. He changed
the bulb and it didn't seem to make a difference. After my investigation:
1. When the headlights are on, the right taillight will work. The left, however,
2. Both rear tail lights work work as brake lights.
3. Both rear tail lights work as blinkers (although the right is much slower
than the left)
4. Both front signal/parking lights work as blinkers (again the right is slow)
5. None of the parking lights work.
All interior lights seem to be working.
I've not attempted to change out any of the fuses as some aspect of items
controlled by each fuse seem to be operating. I think I'm down to testing
individual wires, but the fact that each of the lights work in some capacity
tells me they are getting power. This leads me to throw my hands up in the
air and ask someone else, because, while I can follow a diagram, I am
certainly not an electrical engineer.
Any help you can offer me would be greatly appreciated!
Search Ford Mustang Questions
Ford Mustang Experts
Related Models For Sale