I just changed out the spark plugs on my 1997 ford expedition and i disconnected the main battery fuse wire cause they were in the way. After replacing the plugs and reconnecting the main battery fuse wires the battery light was staying on. I think I might have blown the main battery fuse somehow it is a 175a fuse that I have never seen before is there a way to tell if it is blown. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Multimeter, probe on each side on DC rotate the selector to Ω, or OHMS. This will measure resistance. Before you test the fuse, put the positive and negative leads together and look at the reading. The number it provides should be close to the one you see when you test the fuse.
Most likely it's a "MAXI" style fuse. Look at the top center of the fuse for a burned mark. If you see that it's blown. I'd double check the connections that you removed as well. Being 20 years old may have created a bad connection when you disconnected the wires. HTH. -Jim
I dont see a way to respond to your answers? Do i check the fuse while it is connected or remove the fuse then check it? (with multimeter)
Checked all connections all good, checked for continuity on both sides of the fuses had continuity on both no obvious brown or burnt spots anywhere. Not sure what to do next?
The negative battery cable needed tightned, thanks for your help I really appreciate it! Please excuse my ignorance. Thanks again!
The battery cable loose (was that the issue and you fixed the problem?)
Yes sir problem solved thanks again for your help!
Looking for a Used Expedition in your area?
CarGurus has 345 nationwide Expedition listings starting at $2,900.
Search Ford Expedition Questions
Ford Expedition Experts
Related Models For Sale