What size socket do I need to change my oil?

Asked by May 05, 2019 at 06:25 PM about the 2000 Mercury Sable LS Premium Wagon FWD

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I own a 2000 mercury sable ls wagon and I am trying to change my oil as well
as the drain plug (because it's kinda stripped) but I don't know what size
socket to use to unscrew it and drain the oil. Can someone please answer my
question? Thank you

1 Answer


Buy a set of sockets and you will be able to do more than just change the oil. If I had to guess it would be 17mm.

2 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:

Mercury Sable Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    Guy Outland
  • #3
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Related Models For Sale

Used Ford Taurus
12 Great Deals out of 356 listings starting at $3,468
Used Toyota Corolla
146 Great Deals out of 6,910 listings starting at $1,450
Used Toyota Tacoma
29 Great Deals out of 1,482 listings starting at $4,867
Used Chevrolet Impala
29 Great Deals out of 790 listings starting at $1,200
Used Toyota Camry
47 Great Deals out of 1,549 listings starting at $1,550
Used Ford Escape
138 Great Deals out of 7,621 listings starting at $850
Used Honda Accord
48 Great Deals out of 1,946 listings starting at $2,800

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.