How do I replace the PCV hose and valve?


Asked by helloitsme Jan 21, 2016 at 08:37 AM about the 2001 Ford Escort 2 Dr ZX2 Coupe

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I can find tutorials about it online but I'm not 100% sure what parts they are
referring to.

PCV valve is down in the area highlighted in yellow from what I understand...Is this
correct? Where does the hose go?  

Can someone show me on the picture where the hose is/goes? Please assume I
don't know what anything else under the hood is called.

2 Answers


I believe it is over by that red dipstick. That yellow area you have marked I think is coolant line, where dose that run too?


Looking at the picture, I'm not really sure of what you're referring to when you say red dipstick. Not looking at the car right now, but I don't recall there being a red dipstick in there. The area that's highlighted is so far below everything else in the engine that I can't really tell where it runs to. Sorry and thanks for your help so far.

Your Answer:

Ford Escort Experts

  • #1
  • #2
    G A Arne
  • #3
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.