my toyota highlander is “dead” and will not take charge?
I ckeaned my highlander - 3 hours later it tried to start but
after a little “clatter” it went totally “dead.” A road-service
mechanic trid to jump start the engine but the battery would
not take a charge. In cleaning the interior could i have
something that caused the problem?
Did you clean the interior with a firehose? Unless your cleaning involved copious amounts of water sprayed everywhere, I wouldn't worry about it, but get your battery tested. Most parts stores will check them for free. As to why it would die while you were cleaning, you may have left the ignition on for an extended period of time, of just had all the doors open and lights on, killing your battery especially if it was on its last legs. A battery with a dead cell (or two) will not take a charge, so get yours tested.
Not likely unless you had gotten some liquid into the ignition cylinder where the key goes. First I would have the battery tested. Just could be a bad battery. Inspect the battery cables also, that there in good shape, clean and tight.
No sense looking for a problem without checking battery first. Check voltage on it, should be minimum 12.4vdc. If u don't have a meter, take it to ur local auto parts store and they will check it and charge it free of charge
THANKS MUCH PEOPLE! THE VAN GOES INTO TOYOTA TOMOROW - KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED. ~LUIS>
I think it is time for a new battery.
Looking for a Used Highlander in your area?
CarGurus has 1,022 nationwide Highlander listings starting at $4,950.
Search Toyota Highlander Questions
Toyota Highlander Experts
Related Models For Sale
Used Cars For Sale