Died out while driving low oil and
says it overheated but I don't think
it did and it had low engine
coolant trued to jump it put more
gas oil in it and still wouldn't start
battery ok than next day no dash
lights or power at all
Sounds like a multiple problem issue. First question, where is the oil on the dipstick? What indicator said it was overheated? Low coolant will cause engine overheat. Does the motor crank or no crank? Does motor crank, but not start? Turn on the headlights when you have a no power condition, do you see any headlights at all??? Your all over the map, what is the biggest reoccurring issue???
There was oil added one quarter right before this incident oil change required light was on, the engine coolant in the reserve was low added some after it cooled down also thought maybe low on gas so added gas tried starting it after it cooled off it cranked over but sounded like it wasn't going to start tried jumping it that didn't work so towed it home a couple days later a Mobil Mechanic came over and his diagnosis was the Mutifunction control module there was no dash lights or sounds no power or headlights but the battery still had its 12 volt charge in. Bought the part and the mechanic never returned so I don't know if this is the issue or ifor it's worth fixing? Hopefully we didn't seize the engine or it didn't jump time, been checking fuses and looking for any shorts but I don't know enough to decide what to do as I am paying on a car that's not running.
Could be any number of things, like an ignition issue, to a short. Best to have it towed to a shop for a proper diagnosis.
If you have no electrical power whatsoever, but have 12 volts at the battery, then the issue comes and goes, it tells me you have very high resistant connection anywhere from the battery terminal posts to where battery cables make their connection. Look for any green / off white corrosion near or on the battery cables ends. Is the battery posts black in color, not metallic grey??? If so, clean the battery posts to a silver color. All connections have to be cleaned properly to eliminate this loss of power. Next you need a full 12.5 volts to run any electrical item in your Explorer. A module cannot be properly diagnosed, unless you have full voltage to the module. The module has "zero capacity" to overheat a motor. Please start with the high resistance issue starting from the battery first. I will walk you through it.
Looking for a Used Explorer in your area?
CarGurus has 1,618 nationwide Explorer listings starting at $4,500.
Search Ford Explorer Questions
Ford Explorer Experts
Related Models For Sale
Used Cars For Sale