On 97 lincoln parts i cant identify bent in accident

Asked by Apr 07, 2017 at 11:00 PM about the 1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

2 parts both same tubes steel
approximately 3 ft long flat on ends 2
bolts each end. From crossmember to
frame in a V shape crs mem is the one
that frt allinment picks up frd calls it the
num 3 cross member. They cant i.d. part
as frd says car obsolete parts houses
also cant i.d. need name of part to try to
find 1

12 Answers


Can you take a picture of it while using something to point at it?


Picture of each part.

Unfortunately no have to put cst up on rack to access is do you have access to chilton man #2650 if so om page 1-35 there is a pict of oil pan drain plug you can see 1 end of part pict in top right.on page 1-37 bottom right trans pan you can see the part funs from cross member goes under exhaust can see full part including 2 bolts each end nowhere does chilton or haines mention this part.ps you were right about the lower control arm beig bent is twisted thanks


O.k I figured out what your talking about. I will find a pick and try to find the name, but its like stabilizers bars or torsion bars, Supports I think it is some cars have them going across the top side of engine compartment. not your car but they are at the top of this picture.


K-Frame cross member reinforcement Support Bar, one right front is the passenger side and left is drivers side. K Frame Support.

Best Answer Mark helpful


1 people found this helpful.

Yes. Do you know what they are called when i called around to part houses frd autzne orirlly napa they dont have listing for swaybar or tortion bars in that position on this car. I am going to take your picks with me to show them.the 2nd pic really shows what it looks like the best Thanks again! !!!!


Steel Tubular Frame Stabilizer Bars, they help provide support to the K-frame cross-member section of frame. I would call them (K-member Frame Braces or supports) or (Center Frame Section Braces or supports) with the above description. You best move to get these is to go to a junk yard or pull-a-part or ebay and buy or pull these yourself. I do not think this is a auto parts store item it like auto-zone having a frame or transmission cross-member for you car, they do not so you either go to the junk yard or the dealership, since yours is a older car its the junk yard.

Thanks again you have been a Great help. Your right about parts houses not having them.unfortunately a car this old is impossible to find.all been crushed. i will look at other kind of cars to see what has them.then hit junk yards.ebay doesnt have then .many thanks.

Engincreator:found part name "rod frame stabilizer. Ford part # e0ly5c024a.ford discontinued.Moog and dorman also dont carry.They both gave me some other leads i am trying to tract down if i can find them at one of these places i will let you know So you have info if you need again Thaks again for all your help.




Your Answer:

Town Car

Looking for a Used Town Car in your area?

CarGurus has 10 nationwide Town Car listings starting at $6,495.

Postal Code:

Lincoln Town Car Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
    Tracy Hooks
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Lincoln Continental
61 listings starting at $51,977
Used Ford Crown Victoria
21 listings starting at $4,986
Used Lincoln Navigator
5 Great Deals out of 104 listings starting at $2,995
Used Cadillac DeVille
13 listings
Used Chevrolet Impala
22 Great Deals out of 873 listings starting at $2,894
Used Mercedes-Benz S-Class
18 Great Deals out of 182 listings starting at $1,980
Used Chevrolet Corvette
7 Great Deals out of 529 listings starting at $9,950
Used Ford Mustang
41 Great Deals out of 1,245 listings starting at $4,685
Used Ford F-150
130 Great Deals out of 11,552 listings starting at $1,995

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.