What are the different ways of launching all transmittions of cars? like in a auto what is it called when you just floor it in drive vs lock it in a low gear vs going form neutral and to drive BUT MY QUESTION is what is it called when the transmition is disengaged and you rev it to redling and engage it in any trnasmition?

Asked by Nov 30, 2017 at 08:14 PM

Question type: General

i want to know what it is called when you just idle floor it vs lock into low
gear and shift up yourself vs put it into neutral and then redline it and go to
drive(AUTOMATIC) or when you floor it from idle and go through the gears
vs engaging the clutch at redline(MANUAL)

1 Answer


It's called a neutral drop or neutral slam. It's also a very good way to ruin your vehicle!! HTH. -Jim

1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:


General Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.