I Have just bought a VT Executive and it's leaking oil on to the left header and can smell the burning !!

Asked by Mar 11, 2017 at 08:31 AM about the 1998 Holden Commodore

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

5 Answers


Most probably the valve cover gasket, you have to inspect where it is originating from.

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

I think it's coming from the rear of the sump gasket......is that easy to replace....?


Oil pan gasket then? Not sure on your vehicle, but I know the 3rd Gens , 2002-04 , you will need to remove the engine, since the K member is in the way. So probably best to have a shop tackle the job.

1 of 1 people found this helpful.
Best Answer

Thank you mate, that's what I needed to know...........!

In one of the Commy tips I've seen, they say to put on hoist and remove the X member to get at the sump....?

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Looking for a Used Commodore in your area?

CarGurus has thousands of nationwide listings and the tools to find you a great deal.

Postal Code:


Search Holden Commodore Questions

Holden Commodore Experts

#1 Js08016
Reputation 60
#1 Alan4444
Reputation 60
#3 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 50
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.