Connecting the battery wires under the header look to be on fire.
Everytime I connect the battery to my 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme
Convertible. When I connect the battery right away the wire beneath the header
seems to look as if on fire. When I disconnect the battery shortly after it goes
away. What could be the problem?
Defective battery cable. Get a new one. If this only happens when the engine is at running temperature, it could be that the battery cable is just too close to the exhaust and needs a heat shield.