I need to change a flat on my 1982 Dodge Ram 50? I need to know how to get the spare off and where to put the jack?

Asked by Jul 20, 2017 at 09:34 PM about the 1982 Dodge Ram 50 Pickup

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

I has rust on the spare.  I'm thinking I'm better off to just remove the tire and get it replaced.  How do I get the hub cap off without damaging it?

1 Answer


Should be a threaded rod through the middle of the spare for its rusted it will be a pain to remove and will possibly break due to corrosion, to get your hub cap off of th bad tire? I'm guessing that's what you meant try using two flat head screw drivers of opposite sides of each other and pry gently. Even spray PB Blaster around the hub cap because there is a metal ring that could be corroded and seized to the wheel.

Your Answer:


Dodge Ram 50 Pickup Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Ford F-150
162 Great Deals out of 9,728 listings starting at $2,995

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.