Interior Trim

Asked by Jun 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM about the 1962 Ford Thunderbird

Question type: General

On a 1962 Ford Thunderbird, what are the 'pads' called that in both the passenger and driver's side, immediately below the metal trim?  Are new parts available for this?

Thank you!

1 Answer


I'm guessing that you're talking about the interior door trim panels. Parts for cars that old are really hard to find and if you do, they sell for a high premium: I'm considering selling my "66 Impala SS convertible with 396 because I'm sick of shopping..... Contact Fort and Thunderbird clubs around you and plan to go to swap meets. Even Hemmings isn't a great source anymore. It might be easier to just make your own panels and have an Upholstery shop cover them to match. Good Luck.

Your Answer:

Ford Thunderbird Experts

  • #1
    Larry Sturgis
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealersTM


Related Models For Sale

Used Chevrolet Corvette
27 Great Deals out of 864 listings starting at $9,880
Used Jaguar XK-Series
20 listings starting at $19,888
Used Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
8 Great Deals out of 118 listings starting at $8,980
Used Volkswagen Beetle
9 Great Deals out of 428 listings starting at $3,995

Used Cars for Sale

2002 Ford Thunderbird For Sale
3 Great Deals out of 18 listings starting at $13,595

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.