Car keeps stalling/dying. Not the fuel Pump or fuel filter. ??
Car is Nissan Sentra/Pulsar 1998 Manual. With a GA15DNE Engine
Here are some more clues.
1. It restarts fine after it stalls, sometimes have to wait 3-10 seconds before
it works. Key must be physically removed from the key hole for some
2. Typically Hills set it off, though can happen While slowing down, turning
a sharp corner, changing gears, Driving at a moderate constant speed
even just coasting downhill in neutral.
3. Usually runs fine initially and after 5 to 20 minutes of driving can start
stalling. after the first stall it gradually gets worse and worse for the
duration of the trip.If I Leave car for approx 30 minutes (time to cool
down?) will work fine for another while before it starts stalling frequently
4. Once the snowball effect of vehicle stalling has started, Will often rev
very high but not get much acceleration. This problem doesn't exist at the
start of my day to day trips, only once it starts stalling frequently.
5. Here are parts I've replaced.
Oil + Filter
1 HT lead (had a bit of gunk and rust in the connection point)
6. Potential Remedies (so i would think)
Replace sensors ie (crankshaft position sensor, throttle position sensor or
Electrical Issues ie (bad ECU)
Distributor problems ie (rotor and HT Leads) though it does arc on all 4
connection points if i partially pull them out while the engine is running
Clogged Fuel injectors or fuel line (Use a complete fuel system cleaner
-Any advice/opinions/experience on anything of the above would be much
You may have a piece of your fuel indicator float broken off in your fuel tank and it is intermittently blocking the fuel lines.
Your problem could be your coils, or crankshaft positioning sensor. Plus you could be not getting enough power from your battery.
Search Nissan Sentra Questions
Nissan Sentra Experts