If the car is off and key is not in ignition is there any power going to the power port?
There should be, that is why it is called a power port, it has power all the time.
So is it possible to overload the circuit of a 12v charger and start a fire?
My brand new 2016 versa sat for 5 hours untouched. Off with key out of ignition. Cell phone charger plugged into the power port but nothing charging. It caught fire in the center dash area right under my rear view mirror. Like where radio and heat/air controls are. Power port is located between the seats. There was no fire there. Nissan says I was charging something and overloaded the 12v charger which caused the fire. I saw where the fire started and it was not the 12 v charger. I want to know if this is even possible!
Every power port if tested blows the fuse if it is overloaded even slightly, the circuits abality to transfer enough amps to start a melt down and fire by itself just can't happen without an external source, I suspect a power amp for the radio shorted internally and caused a melt down and fire and then it involved other circuits as it progressed.
Thank you so much! I'm trying to fight this. Haven't had much luck so far. This is good news. I appreciate it!
Looking for a Used Versa in your area?
CarGurus has 414 nationwide Versa listings starting at $2,777.
Search Nissan Versa Questions
Nissan Versa Experts
#2Lisa Leonard SteedReputation250
Related Models For Sale
Used Cars for Sale