Is the cooling housing the same as thermostat housing?

Asked by Guru27GJN Mar 07, 2020 at 09:36 AM about the 2002 Ford Focus

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

A mechanic replaced the thermostat housing 3 months ago, now the coolant is
leaking again and he tells me it's another part called the cooling housing. Is he
cheating me?

3 Answers


I have no idea what a cooling housing is. Have him explain it and show you on the car.

Sorry, my mistake, he calls it it the coolant housing, which seems to me it's the same as the thermostat housing, right?


Right? I have no idea what he meant or what you understood. The is no part called the coolant housing to my knowledge. Clear it up with your wrench.

Your Answer:


Looking for a Used Focus in your area?

CarGurus has 1,762 nationwide Focus listings starting at $1,495.

Postal Code:

Ford Focus Experts

  • #1
  • #2
  • #3
    G A Arne
View All

Find great deals from top-rated dealers


Related Models For Sale

Used Hyundai Elantra
97 Great Deals out of 5,056 listings starting at $1,695
Used Volkswagen Jetta
76 Great Deals out of 3,353 listings starting at $1,785

Used Cars for Sale

2018 Ford Focus For Sale
13 Great Deals out of 197 listings starting at $12,950
2017 Ford Focus For Sale
8 Great Deals out of 176 listings starting at $8,400
2016 Ford Focus For Sale
19 Great Deals out of 293 listings starting at $6,495
2015 Ford Focus For Sale
5 Great Deals out of 277 listings starting at $4,950
2014 Ford Focus For Sale
5 Great Deals out of 253 listings starting at $4,900

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. Content will be removed if CarGurus becomes aware that it violates our policies.